odd networking question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dethangel

Daemon Poster
ok, i just set up a new network in my business, its a wired network, using a linksys befsr41 router.

the 2 pcs are both XP SP2, i have an office PC (medion) and a Kiosk (ATTL) the names are:

Workgroup: unique

Hosts: Medion
Kiosk

i have shared the roots of both drives, and from the kiosk i can access all the files on both computers, however, from the medion, i cant access the kiosk, it tells me i have no permissions, but i have the exact same access on both PCs, no firewall and file and printer sharing is enabled on both, both have the "allow users to change files" box checked, but even in my network places the files dont show up on the medion, but they do on the kiosk, stupid thing is, the kiosk is older, its a piece of crap compared to the medion, neways alll help is appreciated

Goto contol panel>admin tools>local security policy. The first policy on the right should be access this computer from the network. Make sure that everyone is listed there. (Everyone is an option if you double click on it) Do this on both systems.
Not sure but this might help

there are no security policies in there when i open it, just a few empty headers, any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom