odd indeed

Status
Not open for further replies.

zacnaphobia

Solid State Member
ok, so my cousin's girlfriend has a laptop that isnt particularly old, maybe six months or so, and im not sure what kind it is

everything worked fine for a couple months, but one day when she turned her computer on she got the satisfaction of the pretty little light turning on, and nothing else, black screen, no mobo beeping or anything, just the sound of the fan. this problem persisted with her computer for roughly over a month. so she gave it to someone that knew a thing or two about computers, and she said he typed with the blank black screen for a few minutes, rebooted it, and everything worked without a hitch from then on.

my question is, how exactly would this be possible. i know its a very vague description, but this all i was told as well. Im sure there are plenty of different situations where this sort of thing could happen, but i am just curious (and a bit covetous) as to how someone is able to type into a black screen for five minutes and is able to "fix" a computer that wont boot.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

that is most likely why... heres a few things i can think of
1. windows had a HUGE error that fixed itself, (xp likes to do that)
2. or ur hardware was loose/to hot
3. laptop? maybe it was low on battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom