Not open for further replies.

Hugo82

In Runtime
Here are my specs:

Gigabyte 7NF-RZ
AMD Athlon 2600+
Radeon 9600XT 256MB @ 565/371
2×512MB Kingston DDR PC2600

I'm trying to OC the CPU and even though the temperature under full load never goes over 52º, it will restart when it is oc'd to only 2700+. The memory has been locked at 166 MHz and the motherboard can take up to athlon 3200+. The voltage is auto-adjusted for the CPU speed as well.

I have read reviews about this mobo and people have said that they have managed to OC their athlon to beyond the level I can reach.

Am i missing something ?

Ye, it's a 500W for £20 ($35), i don't know much about PSUs, how would having a high quality PSU make oc'ing easier ?

Well for one it wouldnt buckle under pressure and the 12+v rails on your psu are prolly not good enough to do oc'ing. you have to make sure those rails are good enough. Plus try putting your multyplier at 200mhz instead of 166 and that will make your 2600+ go to 2.3ghz.

Oh yeah, your PSU is most certainly the problem, replace it, and make sure your new one has a 12v rail of at least 18 amps.

Yea that psu sux. if you want to oc then get something liek an antec 350watt psu or something and it will do you good. besides why would you want to play w/ 2600+ w/ a rig like that?

It's my bro's computer, and he wants to OC it. I'm trying to clear CMOS now, but i'm not sure how to ...

Ok, it's sorted now, i had do some weird thing with a swtich to get BIOS back up. My brother is considering getting a new PSU now. If i had known he needed a better one i wouldn't have bought that one for his b'day lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom