Oblivion doesn't recognize card

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkMortar

In Runtime
I got a new card (eVGA 7600gs) to replace my radeon 9800pro, and i noticed that its not on the supported chipset list. Well when i started oblivion, it detected settings, and it said that it cant recognize the card and it setted it to 'medium' by default. Now i donno if my card should be on high instead because its 256mb. the game does work perfectly fine, but it looks exactly like it did with radeon 9800pro, but faster. anyway to tweak it to use high instead?

Its fine. Although your CPU and RAM may have some effect, expect medium settings on that card. It is pretty midrange, as is your CPU and RAM.

I don't mean to rag on you, a system is a system, but I would say medium is good settings on that system.

Dex

What the heck are those?

Just play the stinking game and ignore the graphics. It is REALLY good.

yes but its 256MB, and i expect a texture upgrade, the game looks exactly the same as radeon 9800, but faster.

Memory is very over rated. It honestly does not make much of a difference in the performance of the game, it is all about the clock speed. When you start the game, just go to settings, and set it how you want it.

Are your drivers installed properly? That may be why it is not recognizing the card.

Dex

drivers are perfectly fine, all my other games run fabulosly, but readme in oblivion does not list the card in supported.

i know memory aint big deal, thats why i did not buy the 512mb one. but with 256mb that means more room for better textures!!!

Well then your card is not supported. Not much you can do about that than email Bethesda and request a patch for 7600 video cards.

Sorry man,
Dex

DarkMortar said:
drivers are perfectly fine, all my other games run fabulosly, but readme in oblivion does not list the card in supported.

Because 7600GT was released after oblivion came out. Thats why it is not listed in readme.

DarkMortar said:
yes but its 256MB, and i expect a texture upgrade, the game looks exactly the same as radeon 9800, but faster.

If it runs much faster with 7600GT then turn some settings up, and it should look better than 9800. Turn HDR on for example

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom