nvidia tesla what a joke lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys arent tracking though, TESLA isnt just a single card.

It can come in sever rackmounts, and a side tower which interfaces with the workstation youre using it on (eliminating the need to build another pc, just use a regular or existing one as the interface to it).

And the hardware is a bit different too. Basicaly tesla arrays are like quadro workstations but on steroids.

Also tesla cards have way more memory, for example the Tesla C1060 (= to GTX 280) has 4GB of memory, instead of 896mb.

Nvidia-Tesla-family.jpg

Can i use it to run Crysis? Because thats all computers are good for nowadays.... lolz.....

right, it runs calculations and like displays a nice little image so it could be seen as rendering, but it isn't. its for stuff like climate outlooks, (think extreme farmers almanac) models for if the earth's temperature were to rise a few degrees. stuff like that, only more intense.

Thats why im such a fan of it, because it takes a gpu and makes it into a tiny farm of cpu's.

Thats why the gpu's fold so fast, because the shaders are equal to a bunch of tiny cpu's working side by side to perform calculations...hence parallel processing.

With just three gpu's running, i have that huge score in my sig. I essentially have 336 tiny cpu's folding most of the time (with the exception of downtime from one card when im gaming) since each 8800GT has 112, hence a total of 336 shaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom