Nvidia specific games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
It seems like lately the trend has been Nvidia paying game developers off to sabotage the gaming experience on ATI cards. The new Call of Duty demo only runs at lowest settings with no shadows on ATI cards....better yet..in DirectX 7 mode! It just plain sucks, and we are talking Quake 3 image quality there...how can they get away with this? Nvidia must be paying game devs quite a bit to be doing this.

beedubaya said:
It seems like lately the trend has been Nvidia paying game developers off to sabotage the gaming experience on ATI cards. The new Call of Duty demo only runs at lowest settings with no shadows on ATI cards....better yet..in DirectX 7 mode! It just plain sucks, and we are talking Quake 3 image quality there...how can they get away with this? Nvidia must be paying game devs quite a bit to be doing this.

I think that the "Future proofing" of nvidia cards is seeing it's glory.

I don't think ATi cards should be suffering this much...

Its rediculous that they can't code an alternative path for ATI cards. CoD 2 will look exactly the same on Intel Integrated graphics as it will an X850XT PE. This is just plain wrong!

maybe it's just something with the demo....seems like the maker of CoD would be killing themselves if they did that to all ATI owners

Nubius said:
maybe it's just something with the demo....seems like the maker of CoD would be killing themselves if they did that to all ATI owners

Not if Nvidia payed them enough to suppliment the loss of ATI sales...plus most ATI owners will buy this game not nowing that it has been extremely crippled on their cards.

Nubius said:
COD2, one of the hottest games out there? I guarantee you a lot of gamers will immediately buy an Nvidia card just to play the game. Plus if Nvidia has more games lined up like COD2, it will put tons of pressure even on poor gamers like myself to switch.

Obtruse - well considering you got a 9600XT you're kind of in the market to upgrade anyway with games like FEAR coming out and then just looking at what's in store for the future of gaming

Nubius said:
Obtruse - well considering you got a 9600XT you're kind of in the market to upgrade anyway with games like FEAR coming out and then just looking at what's in store for the future of gaming
Yes, but if I got, say a 6800, the rest of my hardware wouldn't support it fully. I don't know if it would even work with my mobo. I'd have to upgrade the rest of my machine. Which means I might as well do a total upgrade. I figured it up, and for what I want, it'd be about $2000:(

Nah, I was running my 6800GT AGP in a setup similar to yours...my CPU was an XP-M so it was overclocked to 2.5GHz so you could use some more CPU power and AMD64s definitely do benefit from the whole memory bandwidth being superior to the previous machines, but yeah, you might as well go all out, get a socket 939 AMD64 cpu and a PCI-E card and knock it all out of the way at once...I've got a friend who's got a socket 754 system, and he just bought my 6800GT AGP a couple weeks ago, coincidentally upgraded from a 9600XT and man, he couldn't even make coherent sentences when he was playing HL2 seeing it with maxed out graphics lol...truly is quite the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom