Norton 2006 - corrupted files

Status
Not open for further replies.

island22

Beta member
Whenever I go to open norton it takes 10 minutes to open then, when it finally opens, it says that there are corrupted files. I always update my virus defintions, so I don't think it's a virus because, it would have detected it when it entered my system. Also, it would have detected a virus after I did a full system scan. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

hate to tell you the hard cold truth but norton is one of the worst in catching spyware , also in general theres no 100% solution antiviruses does help to prevent alot of infections and some antiviruses are better then others but there will always be ways to get around em so just cuz your norton didnt find anything on its scan it doesnt have to mean your pc is truly clean , just look in various threads in the "HijackThis Logs (analyze)" section and youll notice most have antiviruses some even have antispywares but that didnt help them much. their pc still got infected :eek: , also regardless to norton's detection capabilities; from my personal expirence and of others aswell its a major resource hogger , download hijackthis
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html
click "do a system scan and save a logfile" and open a thread at the hijackthis analyze section and copy & paste it

I agree with Jeremy. You'll be better off if you reinstall Norton to get it fix. Uninstall it and reinstall it, then you'll have to run live update again to get all the updates and fix.

Or do what other have done, totally get rid of Norton and go with a better solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom