No Windows Media Player Detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shub-Niggurath

Beta member
Yo.

So I'm a n00b as far as computers go. I just bought my first system, a Gateway Mt6452...whether or not that's necessarily a good thing, I don't know. I do have an AMD 1.60 MHz processor, as well as good ol' Windows Vista.

Well, it of course came pre-installed with Windows Media Player...but when I try to inform myself via CNN news, I am deflected with a message telling me that no Media Player is detected. I thought maybe somehow I didn't have the proper update [or something of the sort] so I followed the link to "get the player". I tried to just download another, but then found out that it was actually an older edition...which my computer tells me it doesn't want to do.

Sweet. So I have the most updated Media Player...I'm pretty sure it's working properly, but why can't it be detected to play videos over the internet? Is there something I need to do? It really isn't a detrimental issue, but slightly irritating and confounding.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

ok ditch wmp and get a program called VLC Media Player, go here videolan.org/vlc :) enjoy, its like most media players one would usually pay for but it's free!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom