No audio device intalled error

I'd just do the executable.

I guess it won't install by itself - it sounds like it will just extract the driver files to a directory.

Then you can open up Device Manager -> find your audio device -> Properties -> Driver tab -> Update driver... -> browse my computer option -> point it to the directory where the driver files were extracted.

This is assuming it won't auto install for you.

Ok the same error happened. But now instead of 2 HD audio devices with a yellow exclamation point next to it, there's 1, and another that says Realtek, but it as an exclamation mark next to it. Do i need to extract files myself? I don't know where to find those files. The only file i find is the original .exe setup one, which just runs the installation. Oh, and thanks for helping me. I know this is a drag, i really appreciate it

I think i found the right files, so when i tried to update the driver windows said "The best software for your device is already installed"

Ok the same error happened. But now instead of 2 HD audio devices with a yellow exclamation point next to it, there's 1, and another that says Realtek, but it as an exclamation mark next to it. Do i need to extract files myself? I don't know where to find those files. The only file i find is the original .exe setup one, which just runs the installation. Oh, and thanks for helping me. I know this is a drag, i really appreciate it

Get the zip file of the drivers the, extract the folder/files to somewhere that you'll remember.

I think i found the right files, so when i tried to update the driver windows said "The best software for your device is already installed"

Don't use the built-in Driver updater through Device Manager to auto-install drivers - it doesn't always work right. You'll want to point it to the extracted files yourself.

Get the zip file of the drivers the, extract the folder/files to somewhere that you'll remember.

Don't use the built-in Driver updater through Device Manager to auto-install drivers - it doesn't always work right. You'll want to point it to the extracted files yourself.

Yes i did it manually, pointed it to the correct files. I chose the "Browse my computer for software"(locate and instal drivers manually), and chose the correct files for the driver. And that's what happened, windows said the best driver was already installed

Gotcha.

So what does the Status say for the audio device now, since it recognizes it's a Realtek device at least?

Status is in the Properties window.

Gotcha.

So what does the Status say for the audio device now, since it recognizes it's a Realtek device at least?

Status is in the Properties window.

still no audio device installed. it has a caution sign next to it. could it be a mother board problem? or maybe a malicious software? I will give you any info you need, thanks for the help. This is the device status: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

Ok, lets try this:
How to Disable Driver Signature Verification on 64-Bit Windows 8.1 (So That You Can Install Unsigned Drivers)

Then once you're booted back into windows, open up Device Manager, right click the audio device -> Uninstall -> tick the box to delete the driver as well -> Ok

Then check Programs & Features in Control Panel and see if there is a Realtek driver listed in there; if so, uninstall it from there as well.

After that, go ahead and download a fresh copy of the driver (Vista, Windows7, Windows8, Windows8.1, Driver (32/64bits) Driver only (ZIP file)), extract it to somewhere like before, and then go ahead and try to install it again and hopefully it will work this time.

Also, what's your laptop's model? And you're using x64 version of Win8 I assume?

Ok, lets try this:
How to Disable Driver Signature Verification on 64-Bit Windows 8.1 (So That You Can Install Unsigned Drivers)

Then once you're booted back into windows, open up Device Manager, right click the audio device -> Uninstall -> tick the box to delete the driver as well -> Ok

Then check Programs & Features in Control Panel and see if there is a Realtek driver listed in there; if so, uninstall it from there as well.

After that, go ahead and download a fresh copy of the driver (Vista, Windows7, Windows8, Windows8.1, Driver (32/64bits) Driver only (ZIP file)), extract it to somewhere like before, and then go ahead and try to install it again and hopefully it will work this time.

Also, what's your laptop's model? And you're using x64 version of Win8 I assume?

hm.. Since i run windows 8, not 8.1(for some reason i can't download 8.1), the options were a little different. So i went PC Settings -> General -> Advanced startup. than this brought up the troubleshooting screen, and i disabled the drivers like you said. And bam! It rebooted and my audio was working!! I don't know why that did the trick, but you have my gratitude. Thank you for taking the time to reply, i will for sure give you best feedback possible! :)

Glad to hear that got it working! Apparently Realtek didn't sign those drivers for some reason.

Either way, glad you got audio working now!

Back
Top Bottom