NINTENDO CLASSIC EDITION

About the kids at Christmas opening this instead of a new PS4.5 or Xbox One S-- I intended to buy these for my grown adult cousins and family members that remember the good old days.

Another thing that's exciting is that Nintendo actually had the brains to do something like this. This could also mean a SNES or an N64 could be in the works if this becomes successful. I'd buy those in a heartbeat too.

I figure that when I'm done using it, they would make a really nice addition to my gaming shelf with consoles and Amiibos and games. It looks freaking cool.

I would be surprised if they don't allow purchase of additional games in the future. Even doing an SNES or N64 with the same abilities would be possible. This may just be their way to test the water with this for now.

I wonder since if the controllers are usable on the wii if you can use the classic and Wii GameCube controller on it.

I wonder since if the controllers are usable on the wii if you can use the classic and Wii GameCube controller on it.

I read in the specs that you can use those controllers. In fact, the way it read it seemed like the unit doesn't come with a controller. You may have to buy one for $10 if you don't have one already. I may have misread it though and it was saying extra ones were $10.

I read in the specs that you can use those controllers. In fact, the way it read it seemed like the unit doesn't come with a controller. You may have to buy one for $10 if you don't have one already. I may have misread it though and it was saying extra ones were $10.

According to the site:

What's in the box?
NES Classic Edition system
One NES Classic Controller
HDMI cable
AC adapter
30 pre-installed games

Saw some pictures this week. It looks like the cable from the controller to the box is super short. I hope that I was just seeing a prototype and the cable is a lot longer than that...because that would suck. Either way, I'm still psyched for it!!!

Well this is akin to that atari controller that came with a plugin, and games loaded; The dopleganger NES comes with 30 games and can not take the old cartreges. Its a gimmick.

Back
Top Bottom