Nigerian Scammers

Status
Not open for further replies.

magouster

Daemon Poster
I'm trying to sell my PC (not here), and have been contacted about 10 times in the last 2 weeks with Nigerian dudes posing as anything from Engineering Students to Models in South Africa. They offer to pay with a cheque in value higher than what the PC is worth, and then I have to cash it and forward whatever remains to them.

Example: I want to sell my PC for 400GBP. They contact me saying they have a client in London who owes them 3500GBP. He gets his client to make the cheque payable to me, I cash it, deduct the price of the PC plus shipping, and then forward the remaining 3000GBP of the money via Western Union.

OBVIOUSLY I'm not THAT stupid, but I did play along with one of them, to the point where they actually sent me the cheque. It looks real enough, so I found the contact details of the company the cheque belongs to, phoned them, and they told me it was counterfeit. So I didn't cash it, and sent him a really snotty e-mail back, language used of which no mention can be made on this forum. :D

However, this idiot actually sent me an e-mail yesterday, trying the same thing again, almost like he lost track of who he's tried to scam. So again I sent him a foul-mouthed reply. And yet I feel like that is not enough. So my question is this:

Do any of you know of a place where I can go to register his e-mail address for ****loads of SPAM and such?

Has anybody else here had to deal with something like this?

*EDIT* Mods, there is something wrong with the censor, where ther are stars in this post, I had a bad word, and it actually showed on screen, without the stars. I manually inserted the stars.

Has anybody else here had to deal with something like this
Yeah, my dads website gets a few hits every once in a while from scammers out of africa. One tried charging like $1300 on a credit card the other day and then was asking why it didn't work.....location NIGERIA as well I believe.

You can actually contact the FBI and register those e-mails with them. I guess that's what my dad said he does with people like the one I just explained.

Simon said:
There's probably more scammers in the US, than there.

And your proof of this is where?

You really are negative against the USA. I've notice this in countless posts. Not really sure what the USA ever did to you?

But, everyone is entitled to their opinions.

free Ipod tbh and when you get one make sure it is sent to your home address. :/

Are these people really from Nigeria? As I do think "why there?" I have yet to have a problem though. I don't accept cheques anyway.

Well, the cheque the guy issued (or had issued by someone else), was shipped to me from Nigeria. And he wanted the PC shipped to Nigeria, so I'm assuming he's Nigerian.

Here is alink to a guy's website that has him playing pranks on these guys. Some of it is pretty longwinded, but some of it is really funny. I've played them a little bit, but am yet to keep it going for longer than a week! www.ebolamonkeyman.com

The way that crap works is they send you a check, it all seems real (and the one I heard) is that they give you more than you ask for and then want you to send the change to some address that's in your country. The person receives the 'change', you lost your item, and the check is removed from your bank account. The thing that makes it look real is because that check appears to actually be deposited in your bank for a while.

i heard about something like this once i first started TF... NEVER listen to stuff like this.

HAVOC2k5 said:
And your proof of this is where?

You really are negative against the USA. I've notice this in countless posts. Not really sure what the USA ever did to you?

But, everyone is entitled to their opinions.

haha just stirring mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom