Next Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimReaper23

Fully Optimized
Ok how long is the x-fi series of cards gonna be out until the next "gen" of soundcards are gonna get realesed. I'm looking to buy this Card and I was wondering how long do you all think that -40 instant deal is gonna last? Is that a great card gimme your opinions on it.

EricB said:
we have been banging our head against the wall trying to explain this to people
yea so I won't ask. Soo this means I should get the audigy and not the x-fi. I won't notice any advantage at all.

EricB said:
it supposedly

Key words...

anyways, the better gaming is because of the onboard RAM... but games don't know to use that ram, so it really isn't of any good. Sounds don't take up RAM when being played off of a CD or HD, so i dont see how it would work better

I would say get the audigy 2 ZS, platinum or platinum pro. Any of those three.. obviously platinum pro being the best (all the same card, just different accessories).

well i can say i've noticed a difference between the audigy and x-fi.... seeing as my friend went from audigy to x-fi with z5500's and it was noticeable in gaming and music IMO... i'm a huge music listener.. so i too noticed it myself

NosBoost300 said:
well i can say i've noticed a difference between the audigy and x-fi.... seeing as my friend went from audigy to x-fi with z5500's and it was noticeable in gaming and music IMO... i'm a huge music listener.. so i too noticed it myself

there a difference, I'm sure. it's a distorted compressed difference, not a better difference

ive heard a lot of x-fi users say that they prefered the sound of the x-fi over other cards on this site and on new egg, including the audigy. I understand that, from the point of view of someone who has an in depth knowlege of how this stuff works, the x-fi might seem like a rip off, but if it sounds better to an everyday person, and an everyday person is looking to get a soundcard, then mabe they would like the x-fi more... if the goal is just to make the person happy and not to prove a point about the x-fi...

here's the deal. most Americans like bright boomy (overly boosted bass and treble) music. problem is....
they get tired of listening to the music pretty quickly. it's called ear fatigue.

most European and some Canadians (I think like them) like flat neutral music, that you can listen to forever.

creative use this fact to get richer. they made ridiculous claims (like it can make mp3 sound better than cd. LOL. that's still funny), then charge $550.00 for the it at first.

any true music lover already knew that if you truly wanted that sound, all you had to do was download dfx

http://www.fxsound.com/dfx/pages/download/index.php?vendor=0&subvendor=0&plus=0

and put the 550 bucks back in your pocket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom