Newegg Premier

Saw that when I got onto Newegg yesterday to look some things up.

I wonder how popular it'll be, though, since Amazon Prime has a lot of services included with it's price.

Agreed. In some things it might be OK, but I think it's going to hurt the occasional person, like myself, who buys a couple to few things a year and (now) they tack on a shipping charge to make up for it.

But the who knows. They've grown huge over the last decade, so they may be able to keep it status quo and still profit.

I admittedly stopped using newegg a while ago for amazon (unless there was a huge price difference), solely because of the shipping speed. I'm a very impatient person when it comes to wanting my tech-goodies.

This probably will pull me back to newegg, especially with prime's rising cost.

Free returns and no restocking fee would be great for DOA or bad parts.
How often do you think you'll need to RMA something to justify the cost? If your getting refurbs and open box items then it possibly would be worth it. Last year I spent over 3K at Newegg and had to only RMA one item. I think my cost to return ship on that item was less than $10. Now the 3 day free ship might make it worth my while because like Yevrag, I wanted it yesterday (fast ship) and I can't get parts fast enough

i have amazon prime and i have it for the shipping and i haven't even seen one video off their video stream. just the free 2 days shipping that usually goes for $10 or more is worth it. pays for it self if u buy often off amazon.

How often do you think you'll need to RMA something to justify the cost? If your getting refurbs and open box items then it possibly would be worth it. Last year I spent over 3K at Newegg and had to only RMA one item. I think my cost to return ship on that item was less than $10. Now the 3 day free ship might make it worth my while because like Yevrag, I wanted it yesterday (fast ship) and I can't get parts fast enough
I would start buying more open box or refurbs just to justify the cost. The shipping is an added bonus but I'm usually pretty patient.

Back
Top Bottom