newbie making a new comp plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found when I upgraded from 512MB to 1GB, games loaded much faster. This is because less of the game had to be loaded into the pagefile, which is super slow compared to RAM. 1GB vs 2GB doesnt make for much of a performance increase. You will be pretty strapped to find a program that uses more than 1GB. Not to mention, memory controllers have a hard time keeping up with 2GB.

Both you guys should chill out and stop trying to prove each other wrong. If you are going to post in a thread, make it worthwhile for the original poster to read.

Your right about chilling out, but im not trying to prove him wrong, im just putting my own personal experience forward.

Good to see 2GB helped you out, but who is to say that he will need 2GB to eliminate problems that he may never have?

Like I said, I think it would be best for him to initially get 1GB. If he feels compelled to add another gig, he can always do that.

yeah I was thinkin of gettin 2 GB but ppl everywhere are talking about not needing it so what kind should I get I wanna learn how to overclock so I can get more bang for the buck and I heard that the 3000+ venice was the best for that and I also want some cheap RAM that does well in overclocking

Thanks

Well as i stated earlier I suggest Twinmos for the ram, its very affordable and has great overclocking potential.

I would get a DFI board defidentley over the ASUS, especially when your overclocking.

Also, i havent heard anything good about that PSU. Yes, it looks really nice but i would just get a Antec or a Thermaltake,

byebye

I'm about to build a new systemfairly similar to this...

For your CPU go for a Venice core, they are with out a doubt the best AMD 64 you can get for a reasonable price. As for which model, I've been looking into this recently and it seems you can get a Venice 3000 overclocked by a crazy amount (up to 2.5 GHz apparently) if you get a decent Zelman style cooler. A 3200 or 3500 would I guess last you a bit longer, but at the moment the 3000 is the best for your money and probably what I'll be going for.

Stop me if im wrong but dont the 3200+ and 3500+ have the same architecture and everything, one is just underclocked?

If this is true which i think it is, you could easily over clock your 3200+ past 3500+. I am getting the 3200+ Venice, I'v heard nothing but good things about it.

Now, if you have some extra cash go with the 3700+ San Diego

Yeh, the San Diego core seems decent if you've got money to burn.

Also, I believe you can overclock a 3000 past the base clock speed on the 3500 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom