New Xbox 360 "Slim" Motherboard Spy Pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well microsoft isn't exactly know for stellar cooling. I don't even wanna know how hot my xbox gets, but cpu heatsink gets almost too hot to touch after a couple hours, and the gpu's has a dvd drive sitting on top of it...

Wasn't this rumor busted? From what I heard there is a core 2 duo running in that thing.

I don't think it has been busted. In fact, it can't be a standard PC motherboard because there is no PC mobo that has inputs on both front and back, is there? Plus, Core 2 Duos have green borders with notches in them and this is just a solid silver border all the way around and no notches.

It could be just a really good fake, but with Steve Ballmer hinting at 360 revisions, MS hiring motherboard designers, and now pictures being released in the same line as the ones that leaked for the slim PS3, its looking more and more likely to me.

I can only see one issue with having an Xbox 360 slim (provided that it has a 45nm CPU and GPU) and that would be the hard drive. They wouldn't be able to put it on top so I guess it would have to be on the side which would look kind of strange. I suppose they could have some sort of docking station.

I'd like to see Microsoft design and Xbox 360 laptop. I'm sure it would have a high price tag but it would probably be cheaper and better then the ones people are making now.

EDIT: Unless they kept it the same thickness and just made it shorter, which is kind of what it looks like in these pics.

EDIT: Unless they kept it the same thickness and just made it shorter, which is kind of what it looks like in these pics.

That would be my guess. As for the Hard Drive situation, I bet they include a transfer cable so you use the new hard drive setup. They also just released news today of allowing up to 32GB of USB drive storage support (16gb per attached USB device up to 2 devices).

Do you think it's going to have a dffrent model of GPU? If they are going to have the same GPU's that would mean that ATi and IBM would both have to design it. I don't know much about the two companies but that could possibly be an issue.

Do you think it's going to have a dffrent model of GPU? If they are going to have the same GPU's that would mean that ATi and IBM would both have to design it. I don't know much about the two companies but that could possibly be an issue.

What it will be is the Combo CPU/GPU are not on the same die, but rather the same housing/chip. Much like the new Core i3/i5 with integrated graphics are not a single die, but share the same LGA 1156 housing of a single chip.

So I imagine it will be the same GPU/CPU they have now, with die shrinks to 45nm or 32nm and combined under one housing to shrink the necessary cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom