New to gaming computers... Please Help!

rcm88

Beta member
Hello, i am new to pc gaming. Im not looking to spend a whole lot of money maybe around $750. Im not sure what to look for in a computer. The only game I really want to play is arma 2. Im on ibuypower now, i have a computer with the following specs.
:Intel® Core™ i5-3570K Processor (4x 3.40GHz/6MB L3 Cache)
:8 GB [2 GB X4] DDR3-1600 Memory Module (Corsair or major brand)
:AMD Radeon HD 7770 - 1GB Single Card
:Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard
:430 Watt - Corsair CX430 V2 Power Supply
:1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s Single Drive
That's the main things. So my question is will i be able to run Arma 2, realy good, with clarity and speed without it being choppy? Thanks eveyone!!!

Your seriously better off building your own. I is not that hard- I have done a few now and I am no geek or genius. OR if you really cant do that - then look on craiglist, or here or another site that allows members to sell. The problem with the ibuypower, hp and other retail sales websites is they typically give you just enough, or not, of a poor PSU or RAM or other component to do the job when it is brand new- if you add anything or upgrade anything - then your out of luck. How long the PC will run well is a great question ? what is the longevity of those components? If your new to the PC gaming world then you don't know what you may want to play in 2 months much less a year from now.

That said- yes - the system you listed will run Arma 2 fine depending on what resolution/etc. you trying to run it on. Do you already have a monitor you using? You see, what you consider "realy good" - may not be what we/I consider "realy good". You could also Google ARMA 2 and it will tell you what the requirements/recommendations of that specific game are and compare those stats to the stats of the listed components.

That won't max Arma 2. The CPU is good but is wasted on that motherboard, the PSU sucks for the rig in question, and you want a better GPU than that. If you want to build we can start a thread for you. If not, I would start looking at something with more GPU power. 660ti, 7870 era or better.

Back
Top Bottom