New Ryzen build performance and other questions

Yea he's rockin a 950, those have been refined for quite a while. I just think he was expecting more performance out of EA games which just doesn't happen.

Well I was actually initially wondering before building this computer whether some of the glitches were just because of the age of my computer or due to the bugginess of early access games. Beamng for instance runs flawlessly now at about 50+fps all the time where as before it was running 20-30 until a collision where it would sink down to 5-15 fps
7 days to die is hit or miss it seems. for me I got micro stuttering on my old computer and new computer although now it is much less severe but still noticeable. I compare this to youtubers I watch but they have gtx 1080s and i7 7700ks and some get the issues and others with very similar rigs do not.

Well I was actually initially wondering before building this computer whether some of the glitches were just because of the age of my computer or due to the bugginess of early access games. Beamng for instance runs flawlessly now at about 50+fps all the time where as before it was running 20-30 until a collision where it would sink down to 5-15 fps
7 days to die is hit or miss it seems. for me I got micro stuttering on my old computer and new computer although now it is much less severe but still noticeable. I compare this to youtubers I watch but they have gtx 1080s and i7 7700ks and some get the issues and others with very similar rigs do not.
Yea I've already discussed that in the other thread BeamNG is an IPC game, the other isn't. Look at my specs, should I run PUBG at 40fps? No, but I do. Just the luck of the draw until they fix the game. When Ark came out Drogos with a single 980ti could play it decently at 1440p and higher settings. Me with 2 highly overclocked Titan X's could barely do 1080p. Higher settings I'd get around 30fps, and I had to lower resolution scale. A few months ago they finally put the final touches on the game and bam I could max it out 4k at 80fps.

Another thing I can say is, try not to compare rigs too much as everybody will have variations in performance even if they have similar hardware. My friend holds the 3dmark Firestrike physics #1 spot on Steam because his 3960x could easily hit 5.2GHz when mine would top out at 4.8. He had SLI 980ti's under water and my Maxwell Titan X's under water could OC higher than his cards so I always had a better graphics score. 2 essentially identical rigs but we always got variations of performance due to how our PCs were set up.

Back
Top Bottom