new programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory_cpd

Beta member
ok i know alittle of Python programming. But im wanting to start learning C++ instead. how can a total newby start. "without college. im poor"

I think I'm gonna start learning C++ and Java this winter, as for now javascript is enough for what i want to design, and i believe that C++ would be quite complicated for my age, already bough recommended books for theese subjects.

As revenge said, it would be a good idea to find yourself some nice books and join an online programming forum. A couple books I would recommend for the absolute beginner in C++ are: "C++ For Dummies 5th Edition" and "Sams: Teach Yourself C++". I learned basic C++ when I was about 12 or 13, so I know they are really good sources for complete beginners. After reading up on it, stay in constant practice of it, seeking new projects and looking for new ways to program for and with new technology and you will find yourself learning something new every day.

::-Chase-::

Here is the forum that I use:

CodeGuru

And a really good reference site if your not sure what a function does:

C++ Reference

Ive been programming C++ for about a year now. Its not hard at all once you hit that "benchmark" where your brain just clicks and you can suddenly think just like the computer does, lol. Its much easier when you can read your code top to bottom and execute it in your head, makes debugging easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom