new log 05/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
To reset your restore points, please note that you will need to log into your computer with an account which has full administrator access. You will know if the account has administrator access because you will be able to see the System Restore tab. If the tab is missing, you are logged in under a limited account.

(Windows XP)
1. Turn off System Restore.
On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

2. Reboot.

3. Turn ON System Restore.
On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
UN-Check *Turn off System Restore*.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Do that one more time and your fully clean :D

awesome, thanks.
would you like any confirmation scans on the infected computer
also i used one computer to heal another
should i do anything to my 1st "uninfected" computer to ensure that it is still uninfected?

I'm sure they would be clean. We just had done some confirmation scans a little while ago, but if you want to make sure follow this for the infected (now clean) computer.

Please download Spybot Search & Destroy and AdAware.

Follow all the instructions on this website to run a scan with both of these softwares.

Follow the above speech on the uninfected computer (that you used to clean the infected computer), and also follow this on the clean computer too:

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.

Logs Required In Next Post
------------------------------

MBAM Scan (from the clean computer)
New Hijackthis Log (from the computer we were working on)

The HJT looks fine from the computer we cleaned .. but your MBAM shows traces of Vundo.

Maybe you should start a new topic and post a DSS for me.

ok then.
currently i am using revo to uninstall all the extras on the computer you were helping me with
then i will go back and set the system restore points. as listed above, once more
what else would you like run on my main computer in the new thread?

Do this on the main computer:

Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) and save it to your Desktop.
  • Close all other windows before proceeding.
  • Double-click on dss.exe and follow the prompts.
  • When it has finished, dss will open two Notepads main.txt and extra.txt -- please copy (CTRL+A and then CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom