New Intel Dual Core Celeron Line Planned for First Quarter '08 will be $34 to $59

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's probably true, as the processor does eventually have to process the data presented to it by the GPU (not enitrely sure about this, a tech guru can correct me if I'm wrong), so having a slower cpu would be an issue, it really depends from generation to generation though, but as I said before, there'd have to be a decent gap

Let's agree on this much though:

1) a cpu will last a lot longer than a graphics card would

2) You'll hardly see cpu benchmarks for games because the difference is really negligible considering the huge gap in processor prices. Case in point: Intel Pentium E2140 & E2160 review - TechSpot

Actually scratch all that. Instead:

1) Most games, as far as performance is concerned, rely mainly on the GPU, but CPU-intensive games will benefit from a better processor (pretty obvious really)

You do have to remember though if you let your CPU get too outdated, regardless if it's immensely slower than the fastest chips, if you have the fastest card you most likely will be bottlenecking your card as stated. There lies a happy medium which you must find and you have to know when to upgrade your CPU before it's too outdated. The E21xx line is amazing for the money no doubt but there aren't always chips as good of a value as these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom