New Basement Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclones

In Runtime
Hey guys, so Im wondering if you can help me. Were remodeling our basement so I want to change things up. Attached is the picture of what I am thinking. Im wondering if its possible to run an HDMI output from the computer in the utility room to both TV1 and TV2 locations. Im wondering if its possible to run an HDMI cable that far to both locations, 1 hdmi going to TV1 and another HDMI cord going to TV2 location. ?? THanks![

Image Here: http://imageshack.us/f/823/basemente.png/

Attachments

• Basement.jpg
    Basement.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 65
I guess I should have been more specific. The red line is an HDMI line and the brown line is USB. I want to connect a wireless receiver for a keyboard and mouse which I could mount behind the TV if it moves from location to location. How far can a USB signal go without losing its information? How far for HDMI?

I guess I should have been more specific. The red line is an HDMI line and the brown line is USB. I want to connect a wireless receiver for a keyboard and mouse which I could mount behind the TV if it moves from location to location. How far can a USB signal go without losing its information? How far for HDMI?

USB would get very unreliable at no more than 10m I'd say, you'd need a powered hub to stop the signal attenuation. I've personally only run a HDMI cable 5M and that's definitely no issue, I think the standard allows for up to 30m which should be no problem with the wallplates I linked to. What's your exact needs here? There might be better options than this.

I want to be able to view the computer on the TV, so I can watch movies, browse internet, etc on it. I want the most cost effective solution. Any pointers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom