Network xp home to 2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyhing

Beta member
ok heres the deal, i have xp home, and a win2k comp,
the windows xp comp is the master, i have wireless cards for each one and want to share the network except when i make the network i dont know how to complete it using the wizard as it does not complete to win2k and i dont know how to do this otherwise, the computers are connected to a network somehow but they do not see anything.

the main thing i want is to share the internet from my xp computer to the win2k so they can use the broadband connection downstairs.

i know i can make a network and share this connection without having to buy anything else but i just cant make the 2k computer use the internet.

please can anyone help me,

reply to dizwod2@hotmail.com as i dont know how this replies and that

Swtich to Ad/hoc mode on the wireless cards, then assign IPs to them within the same subnet. That should let them talk...

they are in adhoc, they both have IPs the same apart from the last digit and the subnet is the same, i dont know what else to do.

they are on a network thing called HOME and they communicate slowly as a couple of packets are being sent, i dont think the network is compklete as i cannot install anyother files from the network setup disc xp created onto the 2k machine, please help with what i must do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom