Network help

Status
Not open for further replies.

24giovanni

Banned
I am trying to network my XP machine to my win 98se machine. I click on "set up a home or small office network" on xp, Wizard pops up, I click next, another window pops up asking "when you click next, the wizard will search for a shared internet connection on your network", I click on next, another window pops upasking for a connection method:

1. this computer connects directly to internet. The other computers on my network connect to the internet through this computer.

2. This computer connects to the internet through another computer on my network or through a residential gateway.

3. Other

I select option 2 and click next, another window pops up asking me description which I enter XP, and name: computer name I gave it at xp install and I click nextanother window pops up asking name your network so I put in the same name of the workgroup I used on win 98 machine and click next, another window pops up saying ready to apply network settings and I click next...wizards does its thing and then another window pos up saying:

You need to run the network setup wizard once on each of these computers on your network. To run the wizard on computers that are not running windows xp, you can use the windows xp cd or a network setup disk.

What do you want to do?

1. Create a network set up disk

2. Use the network setup disk I already have

3. Use my windows XP CD

4. Just finish the wizard, I don't need to run the wizard on other computers

I assume I have to chose option 3 and put the XP CD in my win 98 machine.

Is the correct. I appreciate any help.

TIA
Edit/Delete Message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom