Network Configuration Help - Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoeJoe

Beta member
I have a pier to pier network with no server. I need to split the network into two different entities while keeping the DSL internet available to both networks. Is there anyone out there that can help me configure this or is it even possible? I would greatly appreciate it.

Currently the DLS runs to a wireless router and splits off from there to different Hubs.

it is not pier to pier, like a fishing pier. It is peer to peer like your peers , or all being equal. :)
Possibly with a switch ( i mean a real swith, like fron Cisco ) you could have 2 subnets

You're going to need to get one additional router.
Run one network directly off the wireless router you already have and run the other off the new one. Go into each router and set up separate networks. This will separate the networks (not entirely, but enough).

For example make one 192.168.100.0/255.255.255.0 and the other 192.168.200.0/255.255.255.0

If you need complete isolation, buy two routers instead of 1 and run them both off the wireless router. Make the wireless router use the 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0 network. Have the other two use the networks I have above,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom