Network Attached Storage (NAS) - Remote Login

Status
Not open for further replies.

undoIT

Beta member
I own two laptops and I've been thinking I'd like to get an NAS hard drive so that I can keep the files I regularly work with on the drive and don't have to worry about version control. Also, then my partners could access files I want to share.

I know this would work on my home network, but I'm wondering if it is possible to connect to the NAS remotely, using something like VPN. If this is possible, does anyone have any suggestions in this regard?

USRobotics Firewall/VPN/NAS USR8200A - router - Compare prices, reviews, user opinions - Shopper.com

Manufacturer: U.S. Robotics
Part number: USR8200A

Description: The USR8200a is an intuitive yet rock-solid firewall supporting VPN client and server capabilities (PPTP and IPSec). Robust feature set includes SPI, Application Level Gateways and protection against Denial of Service attacks. A powerful hardware platform - Intel IXP422 processor, 64MB RAM and 16MB Flash - delivers best-in-class throughput. It includes an integrated file server and USB 2.0 and FireWire ports for easily adding storage to a network. An unlimited user license (supports 253) provides cost effective scalability. Universal Plug-and-Play and a simple web interface provide easy access to this powerful appliance. All this power at a fraction of the cost of comparable firewalls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom