Needing Programmers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

computerpro

In Runtime
Hey Tech Forums,
Been a while since I have posted here :p

Well iam looking for some programmers that while work for free on some open source work, for my company Vairisoft.

You should have a knowledge of:

Visual Basic
PHP
Java

Please post here if interested and if you have MSN please leave your address!

Are you looking for programmers that know all those languages or just one or two?

Just wondering, why is the company not paying anything? It seems if you're doing work for a commercial company, they should be willing to pay for the work you're doing.

b/c it's probably a startup. I have a startup as well. And we are trying to go after VCs (Venture Caps) and Clients, etc. So in the beginning, you only have your pockets to play with. Need some seed money etc. ideally. But yeah.. Typically, you "pay" with shares of the company if the person is really good and u need him. Otherwise, you help them to gain experience.. Kids need experience after all. So you use them. And they use you.

And "older" people might help ur company out for free out of the goodness of their heart :).. A lot of professors have helped us, that's for sure. :)

Iron_Cross said:
Just wondering, why is the company not paying anything? It seems if you're doing work for a commercial company, they should be willing to pay for the work you're doing.
computerpro said:
Well iam looking for some programmers that while work for free on some open source work, for my company Vairisoft.

hey, I am just learning C++ and don't know much but maybe I could help you and you give some programming experience.

So because it's open source means you have to work for free? Thanks for a shit answer.

Chankama, on the other hand, gave me an intelligent answer that makes sense.

I have nothing against working on an opensource project for free. I'm just saying that if it's a company creating this program, possibly for commercial use, it seems that they should shell out some $$ for the work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom