Need to replace Audacity

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said Vista was the tops for Sound editing nor did i say that yoru arguement was invalid. Was i said no comment to was the whole Vista + ____ = Dont work therefor Vista = dont work. Which you know as well as i do that is absolute bull.

Yes it isnt the best for your purposes as a sound engineer. But for others like myself and several others this site that use it daily it is just fine. So to say it doesnt work and agree to that is absolute rubbish as that is not true at all. It does work. Maybe not for the purpose that some people need it but for others it works just fine. My wife loves Vista for her email, internet, music listening and photo manipulation.

Plus you say that M$ knows all this stuff. Have you stopped to also consider that Creative has bottlenecked their drivers? They can release teh stuff to allow for some of the things you are talking. The ALchemy was designed for this yet Creative didnt bundle it.

I am not gonna turn another thread into a Vista Vs. XP war. I was jsut saying that Vista does work. Just not for every purpose that people intend it to. But for other it does everything they intend.

I was laughing because crysalis put a blank where the sound went to emulate no sound. that was funny. I wasn't laughing about vista

OH please.... I made a funny... get over it.

Good grief. I happen not to like Vista because everything that audio engineering is about does NOT work on Vista. Therefore, Vista is worthless for me.

For other people, whatever floats your boat. I dont mind! "If you buy it, you fix it" has been my motto since I finished my certification. If you can't fix whatever you buy, you shouldn't own it.

Dont make statements that Vista doesnt work cause it doesnt work for you. You may find it funny that doesnt mean the rest of the world will. You never made it clear that you only mean for audio nor did you make it clear that this was only for you. I was making a point that Vista CAN be used. Which seems to get everyone upset that i point out the fact that Vista does work. Get over it...

OK... geesh.

I would like to know mainstream software that works 100% with Vista in the audio world because I have yet to come across one in my career, so I'd be happy to learn of this new software.

Obviously you're a new(er) moderator and don't understand that EricB and I have a fairly sarcastic relationship on these forums and we have been like that since we joined. It has never been a problem before, so whats the problem now? I'm sure if someone poked a crack at a BSOD, if would be fine. EricB and I have been longtime support for the audio section.... we make jokes here and there. I, so far, haven't seen a helpful post from any mod yet, so whats the deal outside of defending Vista. We are in the multimedia section of TF... Vista, however, does NOT work 100% with multimedia, especially audio. For heaven's sake, half the mainstream soundcards aren't even compatible. THEREFORE, Vista probably isn't going to have many fan boys in this section. It's like a Ford boy going to a Chevy forum and complaining that everyone is against Ford... duh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom