Need to find some sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ksingler

In Runtime
Hey there,

I have a speech/presentation I have to do tomorrow for class, the topic being on why marijuana should stay not legalized (topic picked from random hat). I somewhat know what I want to say, but at the same time I'm having trouble finding some sources/websites that give you actual stats/testing etc to back it up. I've tried google, but for the most part it's just a bunch of randoms from newspaper just giving their opinions while not backing it up with actual statistical evidence. Statistical evidence is needed in order to get full credit for the speech, thats why I'm why I keep talking about it. So what I'm asking is if any of you know where I could go to find some good hard evidence backing up on the reasons marijuana is still not legalized.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Oh really, my friend would probably want to hear what you had to say, he actually picked on why it should be legalized from the hat.

CNN was running a piece a week or two ago about pot increasing the likelyhood of depression in teens. You may want to look there.

^dude thats a pretty uneducated statment, marijuana helps people helps them relax with minimal side effects, i bet you've never even tried pot

i mean theres a reson lots of people want it legalized, better going to marijuana as a relaxant than something like meth right?

Uneducated? Check your statement, backup. The long-term effects of pot are not completely known. The effects on the unborn are not completely known. The physiological effects are not completely known.

Pot leads into other drugs due to its decreasing ability to give a "high" because of the body's built-up resistance. It slows reaction time, alters depth perception, and can severely hamper judgment.

I can upload it somewhere if you want.

And for the record, I have never used marijuana...So that throws Sylus' statement out the window. :rolleyes:

yea sylus post was uneducated, im not a stoner either but i think pot should be legalized, its no worse then cigs or alcohol.
and id ont buy that "pot brings up depression in kids" bullcrap theres a new study each week about how video games, movies, stress, breathing, etc makes teens depressed

cant they just admit they really dont know why some teens are depressed??? theres some days where i feel like my life is worthless and that i have no reason to go on, i dont know why i feel that way sometimes it just happens, other times i think about how bad *** my life is and i cant wait for the next day, everyone gets depressed sometime or another its life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom