Need Temperature Monitoring Program

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had both the 680i & 780i. I can't find any pictures of the 680i but here's a pic of my 780i. I replaced the stock Northbridge Fan with a Hi-Speed 60mm fan from an old AthlonXP Heatsink. Newegg sells 60mm fans, the higher the cfm rating the better. I also added a 40mm fan to the Mosfet Heatsink. A week or 2 later I added another 40mm fan to the Mosfet Heatsink (and I flipped the mosfet fans so that they were blowing in the other direction). But I didn't take a picture.

With these fan mods my NB Temp dropped from the 60-70 range down to the 40-50 range.

780ifans.jpg

That is not going to be an option for me, as I am going to be going sli pretty soon....so I have no room to even install a small fan that my mobo supplied for that purpose.

I've ran SLI for years now. The picture above ran (2) GTX 280's. The fans I flipped are located at the top right-hand side of the photo, far away from the video cards. And the Northbridge fan is located where it needs to be. If you have to remove your stock fan to run SLI then don't. Your mobo will die a swift and sudden death without that fan.

There is no fan blowing on my northbridge...it is passively cooled

I guess I just hope it survives 74 C temperatures :tongue:

Well that's your heat problem. You could buy some new heatsinks but a better mobo would probably be cheaper.

Well.....I guess it has lasted 3 years.....so I am going to ride it out.....I may take the heatsinks off and put some new thermal paste on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom