Need some help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manhuntkotor

In Runtime
Okay, Im trying to fix the internet for my dad's laptop. The problem is that the internet does not work at all in regular mode. It says its connected to our wireless network, yet does nothing and gives us the "Page cannot be found" error. Also, at the bottom of the page, it gives me an error that says something like "C:/WINDOWS/System32/Shockdll.... thats as much as I can read because it flashes so quick and it says it is a DNS error. But then if we start it up in Safe Mode with Networking Capabilities, it works perfectly. Again, works in Safe Mode, but not in Regular. I have tried a couple of fixes, and I am about to try and flush the DNS and run PageFix. Any help is appreciated! Thanks

Now it is giving me a Pink Internet Explorer page and wants me to type in a User Name and Password for CNN.com... it is a 401 error

havent ran it yet...
i will and post the results up in a bit though!

any help with the 401 Unauthorized access error?
it just started doing that...

Sounds like a spyware problem. You should still be able to ping website, open up command prompt and ping google.com. Should indicate that it's an application problem, mainly browser hijack, spywares, etc. Even a firewall problem.

Get this Ad-aware program, scan your computer to weed out the spywares, then try again. Also use "nslookup" in command prompt, see whether it can resolve domain name (google.com, yahoo.com, etc) correctly. If not, you didn't configure DNS information correctly on this computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom