Need help with the Spyware pop up

Runfox

In Runtime
Trying to help my daughter with her computer, she has a Toshiba laptop, Vista home premium, serv pak 2, some where surfing she got the pop-up virus, "anti virus alert, click to install", which pops up when you access the web, and locks the comp up.

My problem is whne the laptop is connected to the internet , the pop up comes right up, anti-virus warning, click to install, blah, blah,. I can start up in sfe mode, and run without internet, but I dont think I can not go on line to download or install anything. I would have to isntall with thunb drive or pprtable Hard drive. I had a similar problem with my compter befoe and after much trial and frustration ended up reformatting, but my daughter has all her files on this laptop. She really doea not want to reformat, she would have to back up all files to a portable hd.

I forgot about that option MAK, I suggested she download Avast, on a thumb drive and install it. Can you install programs in safe mode?

Sure can. But if she has an Antivirus already installed they will conflict. Have her get MBAM and Combofix (Only if shes runs a 32 Bit OS it doesnt work in 64 Bit OS's) and have her run them.

Back
Top Bottom