need help with my NIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
if that doesnt work post back, there's another possibilty, some ethernet cards dont take having the driver modules loaded the normal way easily, intel eepro is like that, 3 com cards are usually no problem

ok here are the images of what I am seeing when I try to set up my nic. Maybe by seeing what I am seeing ya can see what I am doing wrong. And I just want to thank ya'll for all the help your trying to give me, it is greatly appreciated.

Mvc-519s.jpg

Mvc-515s.jpg

Mvc-514s.jpg

Mvc-513s.jpg

I have not tried that yet, to be honest and I feel stupid, I don't remember how to get to root in terminal ... it's been a long time since I used linux

open a terminal, any terminal, xterm,gnome terminal,rvxt,konsole, or even a console while not under x, then either log in as root or type su then enter password at prompt, you CANNOT make system changes if your arent ROOT

ok I did the ifconfig thing and all that .. and I still keep getting "command not found" ??

I don't know if this makes a difference, I was just in fiddling around with the IRQ. I chose them all one by one and kept getting the message "card cannot be initialized"

ok I did the ifconfig thing and all that .. and I still keep getting "command not found" ??

rms5366,

Did you try that command , logged in as root?. Follow 'horndude' comment on getting into root.

Sign
Codes:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom