Need help with administrator rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

memory

Daemon Poster
For some reason, I do not have administrator rights even though my account says I am the administrator. And when I try to change the account type, administrator is already chosen and I can't choose anything else.

I ran a program called Belarc Advisor and it says the administrator account is disabled. Can I not be logged on all the time as administrator?

I am guessing Vista. This is what you have to understand. It is marked as Administrator. But it is really a power user account with Admin rights. The Real Admin account is hidden.

You would have to unlock it.

Right click the executable and select Run as Admin. Should solve your issue.

Ok thanks. So even though the account is marked as admin, I am not really the admin?
It is the Admin. You can do many functions that the Admin can. But you will still be required to grant Admin Rights to files that need the elevation for Full Admin rights. Which you do not have.
Mak - for users who NEED Admin rights, how would you permanently grant Admin rights to a certain account?

I have talked about how to unlock the Admin account numerous times as well as shown how to give Admin rights to your regular user account and how to manually elevate a program that needs these rights ever start thru the Compatibility tab.

If it warrants it i will do a full write up. Which will be effective for both Vista and Windows 7.

Forget it will do it anyways.

Naw, no need. I was just curious if it was possible. I use XP in the business world, so I'm familiar with admin priviledges in that respect. I run Vista at home but, at home I don't have to use Vista in the same manner I use XP at work... so hearing some differences with this thread I was just curious if it was even possible in case we do move to Vista. But quite frankly, I think we're skippin Vista and we'll hit up 7 in a year or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom