Need help trying to Install XP on an HP m8530f

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devan

Beta member
Hey everyone,

I was lazy and bought an in-store HP m8530f computer for my brother so we could play together online.

It came pre-packaged with Windows Vista, and while I'd had trouble with this OS is the past, my intention was naively to just format the drive and put XP on when I had the time. Well, when the Vista corrupted my brother's external hard drive by having it left on during boot phase and when the default anti-virus expired and suddenly would no longer allow connection to the internet, and after numerous attempts to get past the required "elevation" mode that you need to do anything IP related (apparently CTL-SHIFT-ENTER when you try and run cmd), I finally decided it was time...

However, as I'm sure many of you are aware...the folly in this is that most new computers are not compatible with Windows XP as they require new drivers and such...so after some anguish, I was led to the chipset drivers (found here: nForce Driver ) that I needed to slipstream into my Windows XP boot disc using nLite. I managed to get a working ISO that got through the normal roadblock and actually began installing Windows XP.

And here's where I am at currently...and where the trouble begins that I'm hoping someone out there can help me figure out.

>>>
Unfortunately at the end of installation (when XP normally resets they system and then restarts to ask you to set up your language/computer name etc) it instead resets, and then crashes when it tries to load up windows for this stage.

So after formatting, decompressing 7z and starting the actual installation...

It goes:
Installing devices...
Installing network...
Performing Config...
Copying Files...
Completing Installation...
Installing Start Menu Items...
Registering Components...
Saving Settings...
Removing Any Temp Files...
<<Reset>>
<<normal boot flow>>
Windows XP splash screen...

Crash. With this error:
stop 0x0000007B (0xBACC3524,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)

So, it installed...but now it's crashing anew.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? Or how to resolve it?

Note: I have been told that it might be my controller port mode, unfortunately HP has limited my BIOS accessibility and I don't have the option to change that :S - if anyone knows a way around that too, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance everyone,
-Devan

I installed Windows XP.
But it never got to finish ...so neither are working. How do I go about fixing the boot?

Unfortunately I have tried re-installing quite a number of times. :( with different service packs, extra drivers, the newer versions of those chipset mentioned above...I wasted a lot of DVD Rs...but It does the same thing each time.

Installs to this point:
"
Installing devices...
Installing network...
Performing Config...
Copying Files...
Completing Installation...
Installing Start Menu Items...
Registering Components...
Saving Settings...
Removing Any Temp Files...
<<Reset>>
<<normal boot flow>>
Windows XP splash screen...

Crash. With this error:
stop 0x0000007B (0xBACC3524,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)"

It's as if it understands how to read the hard disc to run and install windows, but then after it removes the temp files and tries to restart on its own the controller is suddenly changed back to being something unreadable

set sata mode to sate from achi in the bios. note. you will need the sata drivers after trying this. if you slip them in with nlite you should be fine.

or install xp pro instead of xp home. home won't see the 4 processors and the 32 bit won't see the 5-6 gigs on ram

Hey Eric,

Got the Sata Drivers slipstreamed into XP Pro w/ Service Pack 3.

My BIOS doesn't have the option to change Sata mode...HP seems to have removed those options for my "convenience". It only lets me enable/disable Controller Port 1 from the Advanced Tab - which is very irritating.

Is there another way to change the sata mode?

Thanks,
Devan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom