Need help choosing a GPU for new build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Managed to find a 5770 Vapor-x for £110.00, will take 9 days to get here though :(

Aaronkupen, the 5670 was the first card i looked at as it ticked all the right boxes.. but then I was thinking what would be the point in having a Dx11 GPU if it's not powerful enough to enjoy games that use it on high settings. Also, the Vapor-x I bought was a good deal, got it for £40.00 cheaper than retail. And I would have gone for an AMD setup if I where you, as your needs are the same as mine, but the i3 is an interesting choice.

orihS ‪‪‪Shiro;1790601 said:
Hey aaron, just curious, why did you get an i3 540?
Could have saved some money and gotten an i3 530 instead...
Or spent the same amount and gotten a Phenom II Quad core.

I made two computers at the time: one for me and one for my parents. Instead of getting two core i3 530's I decided to get one of each and mess around with them both to see if any difference. At the time it was only a difference of like $10 or so, so I figured I might as well.

I didn't get any other processor because I don't need the power of all the other processors out there. The first gen core 2 duo in my laptop still serves me fully to this day, but my desktop computer was on its last legs. It was basically between a triple core AMD or a dual core intel, and at the time I was buying the new core i3 were right around the corner. I decided to go for the i3 because it fits my computing needs, and is threaded enough to get me by for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom