Need Bluetooth software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
I recently got a mini Bluetooth adapter for my computer (here). The software that comes with it is useless to me in that it will not install. I searched out some other versions of the software but even the one that did install showed me nothing useful.

All I need is a way to connect my phone so I can transfer pictures and music via Bluetooth.

Anyone know of anything that will work on Win7 64-bit?

I could find a way to download from there, but it got me to searching and I found the instructions I needed here.

Now if I could just figure out how to get the connection to stay open so I could actually DO something with it...

There is an icon for Bluetooth File Transfers.

btfiletransfer.png

This is what i use to send and receive all files via Bluetooth. Check for it under Start>All Programs>Accessories. Should be the first thing listed there.

Every time I try to do anything my flipping phone wants a flipping passkey. I have already added the phone to the computer and the computer to the phone. The whole situation is just retarded.

The passkey should have shown up when you first added the phone to the computer. Why it keeps asking for it i cant tell you. As after my first pairing it worked from then on. Have you tried removing the phone and starting over?

I can send from the computer to the phone just fine. I will try removing them from each other tomorrow and will write down the passkey when I reconnect them.

I use some weird Toshiba drivers/software. If I could find them I'd put the link up, but I can't find it for the life of me. I have a folder here with the drivers in it called "BT STACK". Could be related, who knows :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom