Nature Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtile

Fully Optimized
Here is a website I've been working on with others.

http://www.naturefoto.org

Its a site specifically for Nature photography. Anyone can sign up and upload their photos to the site.

Any questions and comments would be appreciated. We are trying to make it as useful as possible.

Thanks

How long has it been up?

It reminds me of a stock photography site. On the home page you've got the criteria and you search for that. Every image is also keyworded, just like a stock photo site.

I know what the purpose of the green background is for, but it's distracting for me and itÂ’s really inyourface.

The forum doesn't match the homepage at all which needs to be fixed.

You know, I don't know that to think about it. The galleries seem flaky for me because youÂ’ve got a few hundred images up there, only a few of them have comments, and of the comments that IÂ’ve read, they all say "that's nice" or "love it!". DoesnÂ’t really make me want to upload anything to it.

Nonetheless I still registered and IÂ’ve been starting to browse the forums.

Thanks for the comments.

Do you think a light brown/yellow would look better? One of the other members designed the front page so I'll show him what you said.

We haven't gotten to the forum yet since the site is pretty new.

Most of the photos don't have comments since most of the members we have joined withing the last 2 days. There is also an article section so members can write about nature photography. Maybe this could be integrated into the pictures some how.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom