MySpace Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsro

Beta member
Hi All,

I currently have no home computer and do all my surfing at work or the coffee shop. I've been having the following problem on myspace: at certain times, I suddenly get flooded with all kinds of ads and a request to run and install Macromedia Flash. Then, that annoying "About Blank" appears, and I get caught in an endless loop I can't get out of, "You Must Say Yes to Continue" type of messages (NO and close [X] won't work). At the coffee shop, I have to unplug. At work, I can do the task manager, and it always says 3 "nbsp" (?) programs are trying to run, and I have to close all of them & myspace to get out of it. Our virus protection program says I'm hitting some kind of a trojan and eliminates it. Immediate runs of updated Ad Aware & Spybot programs reveal nothing, and there are no appparent problems thereafter. This seems to be an every-other-day or every-third-day kind of problem, and it lasts all day (even after temp/history/cookie, AdAware, Spybot sweeps, a virus stinger & total restart) when present. The amount of time spent there on any given day does not seem to effect whether or not this problem will appear.

Any ideas about what's going on here?

Here is what the anti-virus program that kicks in when there is a problem (before jamming up) has been saying every time:

1. redo4[1].html Exploit-Byte-Ve... Trojan
2. Script Execute Exploit-Byte-Ve... Trojan

I'm now noticing that every single time it happens, it appears to correspond to whenever Macromedia Flash tries to install to run at other users' myspace pages; could our security be so high that it just thinks Macromedia Flash is some kind of virus? Does that sometimes happen? Anyone else heard of this kind of reg prob with myspace?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom