My songs on iTunes skip to next song half way through!

gameii

Beta member
Hi guys,
I am getting frustrated as this keeps happening since a couple of weeks ago! The majority of my songs on my iTunes library and apple devices skip to the next song half way through finishing the song.

I got my music from a torrent download on the internet about 2 months ago, ever since a couple of weeks ago, the songs have worked fine! I tried listening to the music on windows media player and quicktime and they both work fine, so I am guessing it is a problem with iTunes that I need to resolve.

I have looked on other forums for some suggestions on how to resolve this issue and I have tried two things that have been mentioned:
- I have tried reimporting the music files from the documents to the iTunes library
- Going into Preferences > Playback and seeing is crossfading was checked, if it was checked turn it off
These two things I have tried, none of them worked. Reimporting didnt work, and crossfading was already unchecked!

Is there any other ways I could get around this issue???

Thanks
Gameii

Could always.....you know.........buy them. I'm pretty sure it'd work then.

Or take it up with the person who uploaded the torrent.

I dont think it is because i did a torrent download because I bought one album off itunes store a couple of hours ago and those songs still dont work. it is iTunes that is faulty because the songs work perfectly on Spotify, Quicktime and Windows Media Player.

I was thinking of reinstalling iTunes but then I had second thoughts and wandered if that will make a difference to the songs that are on my apple devices...

I dont think it is because i did a torrent download because I bought one album off itunes store a couple of hours ago and those songs still dont work. it is iTunes that is faulty because the songs work perfectly on Spotify, Quicktime and Windows Media Player.
Fair enough,

What version of iTunes do you have currently? What format are the songs in?
Most likely, uninstalling and re-installing the latest version may be your best option. If you re-import all your songs from exactly where they were located in the previous library, then your iphone/ipod will just delete what it has and then re-populate them from the new library.

Version of iTunes is 11.0.4.4
My songs are .mp3 files
and if I reinstall my iTunes, will I lose all my apps?

Version of iTunes is 11.0.4.4
My songs are .mp3 files
and if I reinstall my iTunes, will I lose all my apps?
Just make a backup of your ipod, before uninstalling it. That way, when it wants sync back to your library, you can just restore all of stuff that was there originally. I'm not even totally sure that resyncing your ipod will get rid of the apps to begin with. I'm not really an apple guru, but I do use iTunes and my ipod quite a bit to know my way around them.

Back
Top Bottom