My Sig

Status
Not open for further replies.
DMo224 said:
And I'm NOT cool like Trotter, so I cut the spam links out of the posts. We wouldn't allow that for any other forum, we're not going to allow it now. Please abide by the rules.

I really hope that the reason you removed those links and considered those spam was primarily because they, "Didn't directly relate to the original thread creators topic." That is your definition of spam. Although it isn't mine. It's your forum and we respect your decisions.

That being said I would hope that the TF community / admins / mods would be in full support of projects that other "LONG TIME VERY ACTIVE TF MEMBERS" were undertaking. I myself am an active member as are 90% of ToV's current members. TF is a technology staple on the internet and can never be replaced. Something we are not trying to do. We all like TF and care about it. This negative feedback we are getting is probably a residual notion that has been burned into TF members brains by the resent onslaught of "real spammers".

We aren't spammers. We are just trying to include as many people as possible in a great opportunity.

That's it.

And Dmo224... We'd very much like you to join our Ventrilo server and meet everyone. I'm sure your a busy guy, but so are all of us. We all look forward to chatting with you one day. I hope you join.

HAVOC2k5 said:
I really hope that the reason you removed those links and considered those spam was primarily because they, "Didn't directly relate to the original thread creators topic." That is your definition of spam. Although it isn't mine. It's your forum and we respect your decisions.

Taken from: http://techist.com/announcement.php?s=&forumid=6

4) No Spamming
Spamming is a broad term. Spamming includes unauthorized advertising, unproductive and useless posting, post-padding, empty posts, referral and associate links, pyramid schemes, etc.

Note: Emphasis added.

That being said I would hope that the TF community / admins / mods would be in full support of projects that other "LONG TIME VERY ACTIVE TF MEMBERS" were undertaking.

Back to the shame game.

Putting links to ToV randomly in your posts is just childish and annoying. Not to mention it makes it look like you're trying to undermine this forum. Really though, you guys are just acting like little kids with a new toy.

Ever wonder why 90% of ToV are T-F members? Well, it certainly isn't because they found ToV first and then found T-F because of ToV.

Anyway, I'm far from worried about this forum going under as I know this forum will be around for quite a while yet, but doing what you did in such a way is just not proper and really rubbed me the wrong way (hence why I'm being such a ******* about this whole thing).

Stop trying to justify it. I'm not asking or telling you to admit you did anything wrong. Maybe you didn't even do anything wrong, but in any case you should just work out a deal with DMo224 (or whoever has the authority to) first. Becoming affiliates would more then likely benefit both T-F and ToV greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom