My new Spyware Removal website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Osiris need me to just get the latest copy of the guide and open it in word and save it as PDF? I have that plugin already installed. If that would save you the time.

Site seems pretty easy to use and it's easy on the eyes. Just curious though, why so many options? Why not just the PDF? If you included a program with it that recognized the OS and did all of the cleaning for you, I could see the use for 7zip/zip/rar (just one of them) but why compress it if it's only 10% compressed?

Just asking because all of the options seems a little redundant. Just have the very first page and then clicking the OS type would start the download for the PDF.

Spent a lot of time on that guide :)

While i can understand what you are saying, the thing i can understand from teh site is that it is giving people options.

Some prefer .doc to .pdf files. Some prefer to use 7Zip over WinRar or WinZip. Basically he is covering all the bases. Giving users the choice to choose which way they want to view the guide for themselves.

If it was just a .pdf and they dont want to use .pdf then there would be feedback to include .doc or another format. Same could be said about the encryption programs. Not everyone understand how to unrar, unzip a file. So giving them options is the best way to go.

At least that is what i am understanding from looking at all the options listed.

Just giving the user the option to download what they want. Someone might only use Winrar, even thou it opens Winzip, etc, and the same with Winzip or they could just download the guide directly but then someone might only have Office 2003 and cant open 2007 without the compat pack that they might not even know about or the user that uses 2007 and wants to use the new file format, etc etc. Just trying to make everyone happy. :cool:

Word/PDF ... ok, sure
Just seemed like the site is bigger than it really needs to be. I mean, I'm just giving constructive feedback here given that people love simplicity.
Site is fine, I would've just made it a little more simple... that's all. I understand the reasoning behind giving people options, but in this case.... it's just a guide :)

You could make it one page and then list the OSs down with a list of icons to the right of the OS selection... each icon would mark the d/l link to each file...

like this: Union of Real Estate Appraisers - Past Events

BTW Osiris i have added the site to my sig as well as my Blogs.

I fully understand what you are saying Mike and i do agree to a certain extent. Simplicity is a great thing. But trying to accomidate for everyone unique tastes in software preferences is not easy.

Software preferences would cover Word and PDF, why the 10% compression? and the choice of 3 different compressed formats?

EDIT: It doesn't matter, it is what it is. Nice site

I kinda agree with mike, nearly everyone has adobe reader installed, and nearly everyone has office installed... But it would be good if the site saw what OS you had that way you could cut down on people accidently clicking the wrong os... or something along them lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom