My leaving of TF....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: My leaving of TF....

Qiranworms said:
Hate to take on the offensive position, but in the past, you've made a few interesting posts with ignorant statements that were sometimes factually wrong about OS X, UNIX, and Linux, notably in a particular thread in the Apple forum this past January.

Not that it matters anyway. I'm just being an idiot. Perhaps you may decide to reverse your decision and stay :). The more knowledgable people there are here, the more the forum may shift towards what you considered more 'clean'. Realize every member counts, and by leaving, you could only encourage the trend you are leaving because of.

Yes, unfortunately I share the name with a friend.

Seriously? THAT is a significant mistake, I believe. Often forum members get to know each other personally, so it doesn't help when someone has "multiple personalities" that don't have to be there...:p

Would it be worth starting fresh with a new, private, username? Or have you made your definitive decision to leave...

algu7344 said:
Hello all,

I am leaving TF. It seems that in the past several months, that this place has unfortunately gone down hill. I have never seen so many ignorant posts, laziness, and just plain stupidity in any other forum.

algu7344,
Give it a few more weeks. I notice that TF's intellectual content seems to go down hill during the summer holiday breaks. And there is a lot of people here that seems to spend their holiday breaks doing nothing more that Forum Surfing and posting meaningless dribble. Especaily when summer is about up, and same with your summer spending money.

It's now the second year that I have been a TF member, and it was the same thing last summer too.

And finally, I have yet to see another IT forum with the same type of community as TF. If you really want to see 365 days of constant dribble, go see the Over Clockers Australia Off Topic Forum some time. Just take the what you have been seeing here for the last 3 months on TF, times it by 4, and then times again by 10.

It's that bad.

Re: Re: My leaving of TF....

Harper said:
algu7344,
Give it a few more weeks. I notice that TF's intellectual content seems to go down hill during the summer holiday breaks. And there is a lot of people here that seems to spend their holiday breaks doing nothing more that Forum Surfing and posting meaningless dribble. Especaily when summer is about up, and same with your summer spending money.

It's now the second year that I have been a TF member, and it was the same thing last summer too.

And finally, I have yet to see another IT forum with the same type of community as TF. If you really want to see 365 days of constant dribble, go see the Over Clockers Australia Off Topic Forum some time. Just take the what you have been seeing here for the last 3 months on TF, times it by 4, and then times again by 10.

It's that bad.

Yeah, this place will get much better as the we get into the school year and the people are here because they want to be and not because they are bored. Although i do think it would be nice to get some more older people (post-highschool) here.

Re: Re: Re: My leaving of TF....

beedubaya said:
Although i do think it would be nice to get some more older people (post-highschool) here.

LMAO i knew you were gona say that at some point.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom