My internet is slower even though I didn't downgrade my plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

jameslieb1

Solid State Member
Okay, here's the story. The first router I got was the Belkin Playmax, which I used for wired Xbox 360 connection, wired desktop connection, and wireless laptop connection. On Xbox, I almost always had no lag at all while playing. Eventually, that router died; it would no longer even turn on. So I used the cheap-looking router that Comcast provided me with for a while. It worked just as good as the Belkin, until eventually, the connection became crappy. Then I bought the D-Link DGL-4500. This is supposed to be the best gaming router on the market. However, my connection hardly improved with this router, and there was still plenty of lag. I even set it up so that the Xbox had the most bandwidth and even did all that port-forwarding stuff, and the connection improved a little, but it still wasn't as good as it was originally. So what is the problem here? Is it that my modem is dying on me? If it matters, my modem is an Arris TM602G/CT and I have Comcast internet. Also my download speed is about 10 and my upload speed is about 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom