My First Build! Checkover my list plz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
of course you can set up your HDD and optical drive on the same IDE channel

when it says 20+4 it means 24. The PSU can be plugged into an older 20 pin motherboard but also has an additional 4 pin mobo connector that fits onto the side of the 20 pin part - that was a rubbish explanation. oh well in answer to the question, yes

on a side note; when did biostar become good?

i dont know...
i think they have always been decent for the money.
as far as the t550 is concerned, that is one of the best overclocking boards for an am2 rig. hopefully hte evga 590 board i just ordered is even better. although it does cost a little more.
t550 is definitely the best for 80 bucks, or however much it is.
i think they just have winner with it.

Optical drive and HDD can be on the same IDE channel. Just set one as master and one as slave.

T550 is the way to go but SATA/II won't work when you OC because SATA/II can only run at 220mhz. you can use SATA3/4 because they are usually locked unlike SATA/II
or if you are using SATA pci, you can lock the PCI speed.

please correct me if im wrong.

The Alpine64 is a nice little cooler for only 10 bucks. It's better than the stock HSF and will handle OC's on an X2 3600 up to around 2.5-2.8.

Yes get the Tforce550 as you can set slave and master as they have said which you wouldn't have any need for another FDD connector.

In response to KMOTE about Biostar...my little Biostar Tforce 965Pt for $105 bucks has my E6300 running @ 3.22ghz.

Biostar don't make the "best" boards but they sure do make some nice budget overclockers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom