My dwarf hamster is dying :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dwarf Hampsters, one of my fears. My friend use to have it, and it looked all cool, so I tried to pick it up and it bit me really hard, drew blood and such.

So from there on I proceded to blow air at it, little rascal hated that, because whenever I did it, he'd get up on 2 legs and throw newspaper scraps around in my direction.

Yours seems cool though, and sorry about the loss.

:p Sorry to hear about your bad experiances. Nah this guy was so cool, he'd be sleeping and I'd poke him, he'd wake up, look at me, give me this dirty look or a look of extreme tiredness, turn around, and go back to sleep. He's never bitten me, even when he was a baby, whenever I finished like yogurt or pudding or something, he'd lick the rest off the spoon for me, he lived a really fun life (I guess?) by hamster standards.

Yeah well, he just died, its 9:54PM and I got a good 4 hours of studying to do. It's a bit cold outside but he still deserves a propour buriel, which I'll do tommorow in my backyard.

RIP Fireball, you were the coolest pet.

Sorry about your loss. Seemed like a cool pet. All i have is fish that just attack each other. Do you think you will get another hamster?

sorry to hear it. Do a nice little funeral.I hate losing pets becuase I've loved them for so long and just to lose such a close thing is heartbreaking.Iam gonna hate the day my dogs die.Pets are like human family members to me.Death is a part of life though we all go sometime it may be today, next week, or whenever just live life to fullest.Wish you the best of luck.

System of a Down - Soldier Side:
"We all grow up to die"

Sorry about him dying, my dog died last summer cardiac arrest. I was on my computer, and all of a sudden I hear this real odd whimper/howeling sound. I get up and it turns out my dog has just died on the family room floor of cardiac arrest. Of course we rushed him to the vet but there was nothing they could do. It was an untimely death, he was only 8 years old. He was a britney spaniel, he got TONS of exercise, he had really good dog food, and he wasn't even a pound overweight. It was really sad, he was a perfectly healthy dog, in fact the only other health problem he had in his entire life was when he got fleas once. His name was Poppy. I don't have a picture of him on my PC, but here is one that looks almost exactly like him:
brittanys.jpg

So I understand how you feel.

Thanks guys for all the kind words.

I don't think I'll be getting another pet, I'm always busy with studying lately, I don't even have time to play video games now during the week, and when I do I feel guilty that I'm not studying, so I end up studying more!!

I think the remaining hamsters are enough. I also own a bearded dragon and taking care of him is also a bit of a handful too. Overall I dedicate perhaps 20mins a day of just taking care of my pets, which is pretty cool but its a big chunk which could be spent doing other things.

Here's a pic of my beardie :)

minidsc035405fu.jpg

septoid2 said:
Thanks guys for all the kind words.

I don't think I'll be getting another pet, I'm always busy with studying lately, I don't even have time to play video games now during the week, and when I do I feel guilty that I'm not studying, so I end up studying more!!

I think the remaining hamsters are enough. I also own a bearded dragon and taking care of him is also a bit of a handful too. Overall I dedicate perhaps 20mins a day of just taking care of my pets, which is pretty cool but its a big chunk which could be spent doing other things.

Here's a pic of my beardie :)

minidsc035405fu.jpg

I use to have one of those, cool pets.

rip.

i have had this happen to more than once in my life to. it hurts, but we evencually get over it and move on. im sorry to hear of your loss

septoid2 said:
My pet dwarf hamster is dying right now, like he has less then an hour if I'm lucky to live. He has this respiratory infection, and I feel like total **** because I knew he had it, but I've had hamsters before who've gotten it and survived.

I know the feeling. :(

Last year my Guine Pig (Gene Starwind) escaped from his box. He was later found eating the RatSak. So we had to put him down quickly before the RatSak had it's way.

I have new guine pig (Spike Speagle). But I really miss the old one because Gene had a unique personality that have not seen in guine pigs before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom