my dog is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah we had to put my dog down as well :(

She started well, having acceidnts(#2) evreywhere and she had athreitis(sp?) and the doctor said it was the humane thing to do.

Saying goodbye to a loved one is a sad thing indeed.

Yea man it sucks. I had a dog since I was really little then about a year ago it got hit by a truck. My mom saw it happen and she said when he got hit he was trying to fight the truck. Then he dragged himself off the roadwith his front legs since his back legs were crushed. We had to get him put to sleep later that night. When my parents brought home his body and I saw him laying there dead it was the saddest thing I ever saw. I cryed myself to sleep that night.

You never realize how much you love your dog until it's gone. Especially one that you grew up with. I still get sad when I think about him even over a year later.

But don't worry you will get over it. When I used to get sad I would think about my dog up in doggy heaven trying to tell me to cheer up :p Sorry about your loss, hope you feel better.

Sorry to hear :( I had a couple of animals that died on me, but its diffrent cause we never put them down..

I do have a 13 y/o dog which I'm hoping that will live at least till 17 :( I know how you feel cause I know how i'd feel if she would pass away.

-Jo.

ya my dog kept falling sometimes on our tile floor and sometimes on our carpet... he had some accidents.. and he can't go down the stairs to sleep in my room like he used to... :( he tried but when he was turning with them (i have spiral stairs) he started to fall and i heard him and got off computer and ran towards him to catch him... and i had to help him downstairs and let him out the downstairs door to the upstairs so he can stay up there. he used to always sleep too... i used to think back when he was young and my drive way was all ice and snow and he used to hall me in a sled down to the end... i love my dog so much and miss him..

nothing to be ashamed of in loving/missing your pets. I have 3 myself and can't imagine my life without them, really don't want to think about it either.

Yea.. It really sucks dude. We just had to put our 13yr old dalmation to sleep last saturday. This was my favorite dog ever. It was so freakin' tough driving to the vet.

I'd like to forget about the drive home to tell you the truth...

I feel your pain dude... It sucks.

My sister had to recently put her favorite cat to sleep. It had bone cancer and its bones kept breaking in its legs. The vet didn't see that its bones where degrading till its last visit, that time he saw several holes in the bones and said it would cost way to much to try and save its life. First we all including the vet thought it had jumped from a spot way to high because its front legs where fractured and it couldnt walk. But time went on and it didn't get better, we kept giving him pain meds like baby asprin to help... Was cute at first because he would sit up straight and hold his front legs up like he was begging... But yea... He just got to the point where he couldn't even get up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom