My Build, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
1900X? I thought the eVGA 7800 GTX was the best vid card out there right now? I am going to dual Video cards, 2 eVGA 7800 GTX was the idea. But let me know please

Okay, i just saw the 7900GTX specs and I'm going to wait for it. I was wondering, can I order pretty much everything else, and then wait for the card to come out and get it? Or will I have to change something for the 7900GTX to work properly? Also, Im confused, Anyone knows if 7900 GTX will come out as 512MB in ONE card? or 256MB and 512 if u get two? If there is 512, can u dual them? And will there be a problem if motherboard is Sli for the 7900GTX etc??? Sorry to ask so much, just dont want to screw up since i can't send stuff back ;;

i wouldn't buy the best card available right now. the only reason is the cost. if you have money to throw then hey why not. for me personally i'll get a 7800 gt instead, good bang for the buck and sli just mean that you can put two cards in for a better performence. and for the power supply to the new power demanding cards you'll need one or two 6 pin power connector. and the PSU you picked is set for performance. but keep in mind good card do take up some space. and it might block some of the slots on the motherboard.

Well the thing is, I can't order the video card right away, Im ordering every part first, then the processor, then the video card. It might take a while before its completed. So why not wait till 7900 GTX? I have the money to buy a X1900XTX, eVGA 7800 GTX x2, or wait till the 7900 GTX and buy it. So what you guys think? Order every piece i listed above and wait till 7900 GTX?

Also, what would be better, a Western Digital Caviar 500 GB 7200 RPM, or a Western Digital Raptor 150 GB 10,000 RPM?

150 GB seems kind of small, but its pretty fast, I don't know tho, what would be better for this? This computer is mainly for gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom