Multiple OS boot issues with Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed Vista, following the instructions, on a partition that I premade and preformatted in XP. I don't recall doing anything that would mess around with the partition table. Heck, I even bought a brand new drive to install it on. :(

I don't have a floppy drive, so could I just use a USB drive?

Vybuni said:
I installed Vista, following the instructions, on a partition that I premade and preformatted in XP. I don't recall doing anything that would mess around with the partition table. Heck, I even bought a brand new drive to install it on. :(

I don't have a floppy drive, so could I just use a USB drive?

usually following the instruction on vista will hijack that 8 mb part. manually do it next time.

do you have nero?

edit. nevermind

http://www.tinyempire.com/notes/files/fixntldriso.zip

Ok, I got XP back up :) That fixntldr thing didn't work for me. For whatever reason, it wouldn't boot. I just installed XP on an open space, and booted to that. I manually edited the boot.ini to add the original XP partition, and after a little messing, it worked. :). I just need to reinstall grub so my linux will work. I don't think I'll try Vista again, unless grub detects it.

Thanks for all your help. :)

Edit: Yay, I got grub working. :) :) :) :) :)

If anyone knows how to add Vista to grub, let me know. If I can get Vista onto grub, everything will be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom