Multiple Desktops

luke127

The Ghost
Hi guys. Lately I have been wondering. In Linux you can have 4 different desktops whereas in windows it's only 1. Is it possible to make more than 1 desktop using a program or some sort of software?

If what I am doing is illegal please do tell. But it's just that Linux has been looking more and more enticing to me lately because of this. I am actually thinking about dual booting with it on an old tower that I have.

Thanks K. That's done it.

I also have another question. I have a HP Pavilion Dv6. It has 4 gig of RAM and an AMD Quad Core Processor with windows 7 Home premium 64 bit. Now could I run Virtual Box on this machine? If so how? I have no experience with things like Virtual Box so I was hoping to gain some.

What exactly are you wanting to run in Virtual Box? Different OS's have different requirements..

Well I was hoping to run windows XP Pro. But it appears I need the ISO which I do not have. I thought virtual box came with all of that. Oh well there goes my last plan :( There was a link to an Educational site which gives 1 XP pro ISO for download. However you can only download it once. So don't delete it is what the PDF said. I have a copy of the PDF.

No, Virtual Box is just a virtual machine. You still need a valid license key / the correct install media (ISO) to install it.

He said he has Home Premium, Mak, that's why I didn't suggest XP Mode :). Need to have Pro and up I believe.

Back
Top Bottom