MSN virus, watch yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue4paper

In Runtime
Simply my friend sent an image saying "Wow i think found your image on my space." with a .zip file attached. I don't know what i was thinking but i opened the zip and it was AN EXE! i still clicked, i haven't seen a virus in a long time and i just wasn't thinking.

Anyways when i clicked 2 things happened. something called "Mouse Drivers" suddenly came up in winpatrol and the message got resent to everyone else online in my msn list. But for my other friend it said "I changed the color of my hair...not too dark?.:" which wasn't me at all...

Well i'm guessing it was just a BOT that goes over all of msn, i guess its not very bad but i still deleted it and delete mouse drivers.

Ho, Ho, Ho MEEEERRY CHRISTMASS!!

I guess next time you'll remember that a picture is not going to be inside a 25kb exe.

Anyway, hopefully it's gone, but a reinstall might be necessary. These things are tricky.

MSN has been a bit of a portal for exploits for a while.

In reguards to a virus, you certainly dont nescessarily need to reset your operating system,

ya that virus is everywhere 3 of my friends sent me similar messages which I rejected but no one is doing anything to fix their viruses because I still get these messages from them daily

some of my friends have gotten rid of it but there is still one person that has it and I can't get ahold of them about it because they don't respond to the messages probably because of the virus.

I lol at msn viruses (my sister got one for me, MRI.exe, Fun...)

About 85% that use msn have no idea about malicious software being able to get on the computer so just think there computer is slow and old or they got the virus from downloading music. Then they go to a computer shop and pay $100 to get 1 virus removed or the shop tries to sell them a computer with a 6 month Norton AV trial.

It how the tech business makes their money :money:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom